5.27.2010

Day 2: Toxic Paint Fumes

So...believe it or not, I have never spray painted before. Although my cousins who live up the hill from me went through a "grafitti art" phase (the "art" part being negotiable) which resulted in the pictures on various trees and building surfaces throughout our property, I never joined them.
  My dad also never trusted me enough with a spray can to let me help him, which, I cannot say I blame him for. However, today's new thing: Spray Painting. (aka inhaling toxic paint fumes.)
So, when my employer at the Bed and Breakfast I work at told me we were spray painting the lawn furniture today, I got very excited.  Thinking of the "cool" spray paint artists I had seen on those home makeover shows, I was up for anything and very ready to turn rusty old deck chairs into works of green art...and hopefully not turn myself into the jolly green giant.
  As anyone who has ever spraypainted is probably thinking right now, spray painting is not quite so romantic. It was hot, sweaty, I developed what my employer calls "trigger finger" which basically means your pointer finger cramps up so badly that you can't hold a glass of water properly, and somehow, although I did not look like an asparagus by the end of the endeavor, I managed to turn the hair on my arms green. (How the skin didnt turn green as well...no clue)

 Also...spray painting makes fumes. I forgot that part too. And you know those nifty little masks you can wear (either the ones that look like hospital masks or the ones that make you look like you're preparing for a nuclear blast). Well...we didnt have either. I think that I got slightly drunk of paint fumes, if thats possible.  Can I get some form of poisoning from that?

Who knows. Either way, new thing #2 was accomplished, and the lawn chairs are no worse for wear either.

But, I would like to report that I will definetely not be skipping the meditation part of today's yoga, because I dropped another glass today. I swear that bad karma is out to get me. (or maybe its that trigger finger thing). For now, I'm relagated to plasticware, until my good karma returns.

Days Left: 96    Posts Left: 97

No comments:

Post a Comment