8.29.2009

Freshman 15

So, you know how you're supposed to gain 15 pounds as a new Freshman...well...I don't think that will be an issue for me. First off, the campus is really huge. Like a mile from end to end. And my dorm is at one end. And all my classes are at the other. Secondly, I have missed all meals since arriving. I had lunch with my family at Friendly's, and then they left for home. There was a barbaque from 5:00-7:00, but I didn't really feel like going to that, so I figured I would just go to one of the many dining halls. Turns out they were closed. So I had Triscut's for dinner. With M&M's for dessert.
Breakfast. Yummy. I bought instant oatmeal at the store the other day, or so I thought. Turns out, not so instant. It was actual oatmeal, the kind you have to boil to get it to a consistancy that is actally edible. I had 2 Triscuts for breakfast.
I was just getting ready to go to lunch (at my mother's command- who knew she would have power over me here?!?), literally just walking out the door, when a OSA (someone who helps out at "Welcome Weekend" knocked on the door and said there was a meeting or something in ten minutes. By the time it got out, the cafeterias' had closed. I had Triscut's for lunch too. So, now, it is almost dinner time and I will finally be able to check out the campus diner, and get some real food. Thank god.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Meredith!! Once you work out a schedule, it'll be okay. You should have come to keuka. orientaton here is great. and the food's awesome. Anyway, in the immortal wors of Dory, just keep swimming!!

    ReplyDelete