8.10.2009

Here We Go Again

So I'm sitting here on the rock wall outside my house with my laptop (which is currently tuned into my next door neighbors wireless connection) and a glass of peach smoothie that my sister and I made. She is currenly playing in the sprinkler. I know, laptop's and sprinklers, not a good mix...don't worry, I'm keeping an eye on her.
I'm heading off to college in a few weeks (actually less than 3, how scary is that???) and I figured that I will need something to vent into while I'm going through all my crazy transtion into college life and all.
I already had a blog, somewhere on this website, once. But I've forgotten the password. I know that I wrote it down somewhere, but I cannot remember where. Don't you love how that always happens?
Well- now I'm inside. The uberly hot day that it was decided that it needed a cooldown and thus commenced to pour rain. I'm now on the couch.
So, anyway, college. Yeah, scary thought. I have absolutely no idea what to expect going into this, I mean, no one does. We've never done it before. It's kind of like going into kindergarden again. Like their holding your hand walking you to the bus and making sure your teacher is nice. Only we aren't coloring, and there is no lines to color inside of. It's scary. We are adults now... I don't want to be an adult yet. I'm only 18.
Changes are already happening. I feel like I'm drifting further and further away from my friends, who are not going to the same college as me. One is going all the way to Indiana. Oh, yeah, I live in upstate NY. NOT New York City, for all those non New-Yorkers out there.
As much as I hope that my friends and I are going to make it through the transition into college, I know that chances are slim. That's kind of sad. I've known them forever.
But still, college is exciting. My roommates seem pretty cool. I hope I like them, I hope they like me. God, I feel like a little kid again. Isn't that wierd?

No comments:

Post a Comment